So now that it is official that I do not have a job in my field for summer, I have to figure out what to do for second semester. Our CPDC office has been less than helpful, the only thing they ever say is to network.
So in that vein,
1. Join another couple of organizations.
2. Volunteer with the organizations I am a member of
3. Talk to the research office of the university about becoming involved there
4. Make multiple coffee/lunch dates with local attorneys over the winter break
5. Meet frequently with the CPDC office to discuss people I should be talking with
6. Find a small firm that would let me volunteer for the summer
7. Sign up for every job fair I can find
8. Make myself distinguishable:
a. Grades - knock em out of the park
b. Papers - have three publications by summer
c. Work - point out my job
d. Get this volunteer research position
The next 10 - 12 weeks are going to be very busy. I wish I had been this focused 8 months ago.
Oh well, good enough for me.
why is today not a holiday?
1 year ago