Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cue the music...Today I start walking the dog in the pm

My husband has had enough. And because I am doing less reading (and work overall) for classes and have time to, well, do nothing for part of the evening, he has handed the reins (leash) over to me.

You look confused. Ah, why would this be a big deal? Well, mainly because my husband believes in the dog pull until he is choking and your arm is falling off style of dog-walking. This will lead to a couple of events. The first that will happen is that I will be pulled down at some point. It always happens. There will be a steady stream of foul language and much beating of the dog (not really, but my forehead will ignite my hair because I want to take my frustrations out on the dog). Then there will be the half-assed training that will at least keep me from having joint separation in the upper appendages. It basically consists of me yelling "loose leash" while standing still and the dog on 2 legs, upper body raised, desperately trying to go forward. After 10-15 minutes of this he will realize that I am walking him (the bitch) instead of husband and that I am serious about not moving until he acts right.

I volunteered for this. I did notice the hubby has been pretty frazzled at night. And after three years of doing most things pet related (as well as errand and bill paying related, toss in a little laundry and housecleaning) he needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Since I start work in August, I am not going to tell him that it's an on-coming train.

No comments: