Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tired and ranty

I am so tired, more from where I need to be. Every time I look at my to-do list I start to weep. That can't be a good sign. I am upset almost all the time. In the next 3 weeks, I have to

Enroll/register
Get my ID card/gym membership
Labwork: Extractions, more sample collections, more extractions, and more incubations
Housework: Unpack and get everything in order, which is made worse as the part DH is responsible for is not working out very well.
Tie up loose ends with other people

It's not the work, it's the sheer number of little things that I have to do between now and when I start classes. The ones that eat away at your time, you look back and can't believe that it took so long. Oh yeah, and the fact that I only got one week off in the past 8 months of insanity and my DH doesn't understand why I want a few days to a week before school. I don't plan to sit on my ass and eat bon-bons. I mean, what the hell is he thinking. That makes me feel totally unsupported (not to mention pissed). And he wouldn't try to stop me if I did, but the discussion would quickly devolve into a bit of a crapfest. And I am angry that I can never take time without feeling like I am a lazy swine.

Cheers, I am going to soak my head.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Sounds about right. I'm in the same boat. I had so much going on and was a month late sending in transcripts. Wasn't a problem, but still stressful. I haven't even started thinking of the stuff like new student IDs and books. Good luck!

tom