Saturday, May 17, 2008

And now I am a 2L

It took 3 hours after my last exam for that to filter in to my brain. But I did it. My grades may be crap, but at least the first year is done.

Lessons from first year:
1. Never believe administration. What I heard and what was reality were two completely different things.
2. Grades do not define me. I know I may be out Big Law jobs, but that's fine. At worst, I will work in a small to medium firm. At best, I can now focus on the career that will help me stay sane and be happy.
3. It doesn't matter the age difference, good people are simply good people. I have made numerous friends that I hope will be in my life for a very long time.
4. Even if you come in knowing what law you think you are going to practice, keep an open mind. While I may end up in IP, I have looked at a couple of different options that sound more attractive than doing patent prosecution (which is looking a bit boring).
5. No matter what, find time to relax, think about why you are here in the first place, and spend time with people.

Funny, these are quite similar to the other analyses found in other blogs after first year.

No comments: