Saturday, March 26, 2011

Goals for 2011

I am going to confine my blogging here, where I don't feel constrained to always talk about weight and related shit.

1. Work is going well. I am spending a lot of time on corporate work, but am working into intellectual property. Anyone have any good tips on networking and building relationships with people? I am doing okay, but feel like I need to have a business plan for myself ("The MothaF*** Awesomeness that Is Me Business Plan). The people are still great. I haven't reached the stage where anyone throws off their mask showing the psychopath below (excuse me, I just finished reading Snakes in Suits)

2. The move has been good (except the husband is still not moved yet). I am in Alabama now. The winter...WAS...FREAKIN'...AWESOME!! Minnesota has tons of great things (well, and then there is MB, ew). But an Alabama winter is so lovely. I got snowed in with 3 inches of snow. Yes, fans, you read that right 3 f'ing inches. Heeehehehehe. So awesome. Okay, okay, the summer is the trade off. Weeks of over 100 degree weather. I love the backyard. The dog can run around out back now. No more getting geared up at 4 in the morning because the dog has the shits. Just open the back door.

3. I have a two new goals for the rest of 2011!!!! A 5K in May and a half marathon in October. Slow and steady. I can walk them if need be, but I am going to be much more active this year. Me bones es creaky and I am tired of it. Walking up stairs, if I am with someone, I will jabber about anything to cover the noise of my knees. Sounds like dice. First walk/run is tomorrow. Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am starting with 3 days. And 2 more days a week to get strong (well, okay, to be able to use a 5lb weight instead of a 1 lb, and throw in a few lunges and squats). And maybe some yoga for idiots since I am as flexible as a brick.

So do you folks know what a pain in the ass it is to keep up with the changes in the law. Every freakin' day I am hit with a new case I have to take into consideration. I say shenanigans...civil code people, civil code.

Peace out.

No comments: