Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Friends

Over the past week, I have been reconnecting people from my past, friends and family, due to a tragedy that occurred (not using this term lightly). And it's a little disconcerting that it took this event to get in touch with these folks.

I thought to myself a million times that I should call X. Now I won't be able to do that. I don't want to make this mistake again. And it seems that everyone I knew back then feel the same way. We have been calling, FBing, and making plans to get together.

So the moral to this story, don't put off making contact with the people important in your life. I am having difficulty writing this without sounding overly-sentimental or trite. But after this, if the result was more connections and, quite frankly, more caring, then, well, it wouldn't be a complete tragedy. Sorry, I just don't have much of a way with words.

1 comment:

JD-Maybe said...

We are always on the same page somehow? My blog yesterday was about friendship....