Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Punxsutawney Phil Hates Me

As for my feelings on winter, see other post. Suffice it to say, that little bastard has condemned me to another 6 weeks of freezing cold weather, slick sidewalks, idiots that think b/c they drive a four-wheel drive vehicle can speed through icy streets, and staying indoors.

You see, I was once a woman who loved to go outside. I will walk for hours when the spirit so moves me. Hike, even. The spirit, however, does not tend to move me here. It's winter so long that I can't remember why I liked the outdoors in the first place. And I have noticed another thing. When I am in southern or western states (told ya' we moved around a lot), I slim down while there (well, not slim, but at least less corpulent). I have been in the north for a combined total of 11 years and I blame this place for every freakin' pound that I have packed on.

Enough is enough. Come August, I will pack my bags, head to a southern state, and commence my walkin'. I want to roast in 100 degree weather and 90% humidity. I want to get used to the house being at 85 degrees in the summer and call that cool. I want to bask in the frying pan like qualities of my steering wheel when I get in my car. I want to, for 3 months out of the year, hear "Hot enough for ya?" instead of "Cold enough for ya?" These things are my God-Given Rights as an American (cue the music)...

No comments: