Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How to avoid insanity in law school?

Get food poisoning. Or stomach flu. Not sure what it was but it sure did the trick. Not only am I no longer reveling in self-pity but I actually looked forward to being able to read this afternoon. Yep, nothing like a good, ole fashion virus that makes you wish for death to remind you how good you have it when you don't have to spend the majority of your day booting up the linings of your intestines (and what ever miscellaneous organs that come loose in the process). Honestly, it's rainy, damp, cold, dark, I have a thousand things to do, will never finish everything today and STILL feel like dancing a happy dance around the library and its poor, perspective-denied inhabitants.

On the other hand, I wish I had time to laze in bed for "recovery." Ah, but we can't have everything, can we.

2 comments:

LP Sutton said...

I don't know whether to say "feel better" or "enjoy your virus!"

Eliza said...

It's just the feeling after the virus. That divine point in time when there is no more nausea and no more pain. And then you fall asleep.